Your Support Goes Far
When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you join our cause and directly support the children in our community. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Donating Pays Dividends
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they’re 52% less likely to skip school.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services right here in your local community—so we can develop more college grads, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Roughly 92% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between Littles and Bigs. Charity Navigator, the country’s premier independent charity evaluator, has awarded Big Brothers Big Sisters of America four out of four stars for organizational efficiency. This means you can rest assured that we are using your donations wisely.
Your financial support starts lots of things, like:
- recruiting new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- covering the costs of background checks, while ensuring trained professionals match Littles to responsible Bigs
- enabling ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little and Little’s family
- providing cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
Become a part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters family today. Donate now >
Big Brothers Big Sisters needs YOU.
Big Brothers Big Sisters receives 70% of our funding from private donations. Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in our community.
And we know the children need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend — someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. Here in North Central Ohio, an evaluation is done every year. Last year the following is what whas reported by our volunteers and parents about the kids in our program:
- 84% of the children were reported to have increased their self-confidence
- 83% were said to be able to express thier feelings better
- 86% were reported to be able to show more trust toward their parent and volunteer
- 66% had a better attitude toward school
- 58% actually increased thier school performance
- 60% got along better with their peers and families
Donating will help to:
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
No matter how much you give, donating will improve the lives of young people in our community. Your donation will help them meet the challenges of growing up into happy, confident, and caring young adults.